Tuesday 8 May 2012

Gunshow Translations opens its new public venue!

World-famous translation atelier, winner of the National Translation Award and Noma Award of 2077, announces the opening of its new public venue, fully powered by our benevolent and beloved internet overlords at Google Inc.

...But enough with the yapping.
Reuploaded here are all the previous translations, which have found a more permanent place to reside thanks to Google Drive (use the menu on the linked page, File > Save to download your own copy).

FMP! Side Arms 2 (text only version)
FMP! Side Arms 2 Elite (with pictures)
FMP! Always stand by me p1
FMP! Always stand by me p2

4 comments:

  1. That's good to hear, as a new blog must means you plan on translating (more FMP) something...

    Well, good luck with this new start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was trying to find a way to send you an email or something but couldn't figure it out, so I resorted to this, hopefully you see it.

    I'm currently in the process of taking the Full Metal Panic! novels which have already been translated (volumes 4-10) and editing them such that they all have consistent formatting and terminology. In the case of volume 8-10 it's a little more effort because they were never edited properly to begin with, but hopefully I'll manage.

    I was wondering if I could have your permission to do the same with the volumes 11 and 12 that you translated. In your case they were translated really well so it would really amount to a formatting change. Of course I'd let you review/ approve them first if you want.

    Additionally, I was wondering if you would be interested in hosting the other volumes (4-10) on you blog. The original sources seem to all be dead/abandoned now and I wasn't quite sure how to go about re-releasing everything. I thought it would be nice if they were all available in one place, but I totally understand if you don't want to.

    I know this was a bit long but if you could get back to me in some way and let me know what you think I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email is in the afterword of Side Arms 2.
      Of course you can use my translations for re-formatting, - great undertaking there by the way, people have been asking for that for a long, long time.

      I'd be up for hosting volumes 4-10, just send them to my email whenever.
      Also, I might not have a connection for the next three weeks due to moving, so wouldn't be able to reply.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you're back. Were you planning on doing Full Metal Panic! Another?

    ReplyDelete